Tuesday 12 July 2011

Great Competition

A competition to win some fantastic source books with a few words about my favourite print:-
My Mothers Horrockses housecoat stands out amongst all my magpies collection of prints. A housecoat which was always treasured without knowing it's pedigree then my neighbor here in deepest darkest Devon saw it hanging in my studio and a conversation evolved that her Mother Daphne Razzel/Patten had been a designer with Horrockses. Having trained in Fashion myself it was fascinating to hear about her Mothers time. This print and indeed the memory of trying it on as a child inspired me to follow a career in Fashion. Lot's of repairs in my Mothers hand & somehow I think it still holds her shape. Still inspires me today. If any one knows who the yellow print on my cushions is by please let me know. My husband brought this reminant into the fold when we met & I duly whizzed up on my trusty Bernina. x

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    You've won our comp - http://www.vintagebyhemingway.co.uk/blog/fashion-print-sourcebook-winners

    Please e-mail your delivery address to leona@hemingwaydesign.co.uk

    Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete